Placeholder Picture

The History of Henry Lewis

Henry Lewis and Son's modern products, the business actually dates back to the Victorian era. In fact, it was the current director's great, great grandfather who set up the Bradford business in 1878, producing hand crafted products, which ranged from wire mesh to church guards and sieves. The company developed through the years and by the 1960's, machine guards had become the companys main product.

It was at this stage that Roger Lewis joined the company, working his way from the bottom to eventually taking over in 1973. The 1970's also saw the arrival of Roger's daughter, Suzanne, as well as a fire in the factory, which almost saw the end of the company!

Towards the end of the 1980's, Henry Lewis and Son had introduced Roller Shutters to their product range, demand for which was heightened following rioting in Bradford and Leeds. The Excalibur, the companys current best seller, was introduced int he 1990's: a retractable grille at an affordable price.

In January 2008, Roger handed over to his daughter Sxanne (the current Director), who became the first female director of the company. Suzanne grew up visiting the factory frequently and recalls many a school holiday in which she loved spending the day at the factory, helping out in the office. It was at Henry Lewis and Son where Suzanne met her husband, Brett, who worked there as a Security Installer. In 2003 they got married and now have a daughter called Darcey.

Henry Lewis and Son continue to satisfy a loyal base of local and national customers, who use them again and again. They pride themselves on a personal service, in which a wide range of high quality products are manufactured at a competitive price.


Placeholder Picture
Placeholder Picture
Placeholder Picture
Placeholder Picture

Placeholder PicturePlaceholder Picture

Please do not hesitate to Contact Us at: Henry Lewis Security Ltd, 2-5 Hutson Street, Bradford, West Yorkshire, BD5 7LZ, United Kingdom or email us at enquiries@henrylewissecurity.co.uk.